Sunday 13 October 2013

Production Log- Week 2

I have learnt a lot about social realist codes and conventions. I underestimated how much work is needed for a story to fit into the British Social Realistic film. In the week I have learnt about common themes that occur in these types of films, Mise en scene, how the films have evolved and the conventions of the opening sequence.

Now that we have gone into depth with the conventions of a British social realism film I now know what is recommended and what should not be put in. It has informed me to make the situations, settings and characters as real as possible.

I think the themes have influenced me the most. I think that learning about the themes has been the most interesting because there is a vast range and many themes I could put all together. I think that it has already given me ideas that I want to put in my work.

I will most definitely conform to the rules and conventions however I'm always up for a challenge and am most likely going to subvert at times and be different because that's what I like to do. I don't want a generic piece of work, I want to make it stand out from the crowd. The only way I can make my work the best it can be is to bend the rules and try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment