Sunday 6 October 2013

Production Log- Week 1

Production Log

In this week we looked at the mark scheme for the British Social Realist film part of our coursework. From looking at the mark scheme it has made me more aware of what I really need to put into my work. The construction of my work is worth 60 marks which is a lot and the mark scheme displays clearly how I can get marks which will help me a lot when actually creating my work. In this week we also saw previous work from other people. We watched them then gave a personal mark out of 60. On most of the work I guessed the mark well but a couple of the marks I was way off. This taught me a lot on what is actually required for the coursework. The work with the best mark had a great setting, good storyline and smart camera work. Due to looking at previous example I will put more effort into the 'Media' of the work.

Both the Mark scheme and previous examples will greatly impact my work. It shows me what I should and shouldn't do. While watching the examples I picked out some good storyline, camera work and characters. This will help me think of an idea myself.

The examples made it clear to me what to avoid. I will avoid using a generic storyline or one that does not fit into the British social realist criteria. I will also avoid using Asian characters. I believe that this takes away from the gritty British social realist feel as it could come across comical as me and my partner found the example 'Bridges' rather humorous and confusing at times. I will use an iconic setting as the work with the highest mark had a really good, different setting compared to the other examples.

Overall both the mark scheme and previous examples were a great influence to what I should and shouldn't include in my work to get a good grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment