Wednesday 4 December 2013

Audience Research

Firstly we filmed a Vox pop where me and my partner went round to people asking questions to help us make our initial idea better. The video below is our Vox pop.


After filming our Vox Pop we collected all our feedback and based on our results we made a summary.
  • 10 out of 10 people we filmed really liked our Idea of a BSR film.
  • 8 out of 10 people we filmed have actually watched a BSR film and enjoyed it.
  • 6 out of 10 people we filmed would want the key character to be different and unique.
  • 3 out of 10 people would include the themes of drugs and gang violence in their own BSR film.
  • 1 out of 10 people's favourite film was a BSR film.


This is my audience. I created a person who I believe would be interested in watching my film.



Based on my audience research I believe that it has in some way shaped our idea for the better as it is what people want to see.

Some people we asked questions to gave us some improvements on our storyline. They said maybe try and even it out. So instead of wasting most the time on focusing on Becky;s pregnancy, pay attention to her mothers abuse towards her and her drug problems. This made us aware to maybe do that.

Most people would want a key character to subvert the common stereotype and see someone different and unique. I believe we will successfully achieve this through the mothers uncommom abusive behavior towards her child.

The majority of the people would include gangs and drugs in their own BSR film. I believe through discovering this we have found out what people would expect to see in a BSR film. I do not think there would be a way to include gangs but a main theme in our film is drugs. We will portray this in our opening sequence to make it clear to the audience that drugs is a key theme.

People who had watched a BSR film (mostly Kidulthood and Adulthood) enjoyed the films because it was action packed. I think through finding out this information we need to make our film as dramatic and action packed as possible. I believe we can portray this with a smash mouth opening.

Nearly all the people would involve a character aged 16-17 (our age). I believe that this is because it makes it more easier for people to relate to it more and see themselves in the character. Our protagonist is 17 and her helper is 18. Some girls can relate to Becky and some boys can relate to Roy.

No comments:

Post a Comment