Tuesday 3 December 2013

Production Log- Week 9

This week I learnt a lot about narrative. There is a linear narrative where the story has a start, middle and End. A non-linear narrative is often where the narrative is not in chronological order for example flashbacks. A restricted narrative is a view from only one character from one character in the story. The audience has limited access to narrative events as see only events as this character does. I also learnt about Omniscent narratives. This is a narrative from more than one character, so the audience has access to more narrative events (sometimes knowing more than the characters.

This research helped me decide on what type of narrative my initial idea is. It also allowed me to find out the requirements needed for example my film is a restricted narrative because it is following the one view of Becky.

I had to make decisions such as if I wanted to make my film a linear or non-linear narrative. I like the idea of using a flashback however I think it might take away the reality from the film. I wanted to make the film as real as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment