Saturday 22 February 2014

Production Log- Week 17

The sound aspect of our production was particularly simple. I was a previous GCSE music student so was familiar with the music production programmes. One lunch I made a random beat in a couple minutes and I asked my partner to come down and hear it. We both thought that it sounded good and would suit our production very well. However the issue with it was knowing the timing. I wanted the bass to appear at the start and when our actor is drinking and smoking, the bass goes to give an empty, slower feel to the production to mimic the effect of the alcohol. We also extracted the audio from one of the shots of our actress's film mum and used it on top of  a shot of her crying. We did this because the shot of the mum looked wrong and was not shot right. She was unable to film due to illness so we extracted the audio and it works just as well.

The issue with the music was easily rectified. I filmed from where the music was going to start and from where the music would finish on my phone. This helped me set boundaries of where I want the bass to enter and exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment